Current Employer/Organisation Name
Hennan Province Savile Yucheng Hotel Management Co.Ltd.
What have you been doing since leaving Exeter, and what are you doing now?
March 2012- July 2015 Shanghai Yishe Hotel Management Co.,Ltd, Marketing Manager
July 2015-June 2016 Savile Hotel Group, COO
July 2018-Present Hennan Province Savile Yucheng Hotel Management Co.,Ltd. ,CEO.
Why did you choose this career? And what do you enjoy most about your work?
I am always interested in Hotel Management since school, because of a South Korean TV series. When I graduated from Exeter, I came back to Shanghai to start my career as a marketing manager in Yishe hotel, Shanghai.
My work involves finding the operational problems of the hotel, and then solving them to the advantage of both the hotel owners and my company. I gain much satisfaction from the whole process.
What did you enjoy most about your programme and what was the biggest highlight?
‘Team work’ – that we were able to work with students from different countries and backgrounds. Most importantly, it made me realise the power of a team, when the team members unite together.
What did you enjoy most about studying here?
Why did you choose to study at Exeter?
Outstanding alumni, JK ROWLING.
What skills and experiences have been most useful for your career?
1. Choose your work to match your interests
2. Work ethics is always the most important thing, and always know where the bottom line is
3. You can’t do anything on your own, you need teamwork
4. Never give up. Sometimes you don’t even know your own potential!
5. When you begin your career, it always important to set your goal first, and look back at the right and wrong of your daily work before fall asleep at night.
What advice would you give to a current student who wishes to pursue your career?
The answer is as same as the last question.
What are your plans for the future?
Run my hotel successfully and help other hotels solve their problems, to gain mutual profit.